Anchor and plug buying guide

Using anchors? For fastening screws into a wall or partition, you need anchors, or also called plugs. The type of wall determines which anchor you need. We will help you to be able to choose the right one by the below information.

Nylon plug (S-plug)

This is also known as S-plug (Fischer) and is the most common plug for solid building materials. The barbs prevent the rotation of the plug and the deep serrations ensure optimal anchoring in solid materials.

Universal plug

This plug is a rounder and can be used for almost all materials. He spreads in solid building materials, because the plug head is pulled back by the screw. In hollow material the plug forms a 'knot'.

Nail plug

The nail plug can only be used for push-through installation. You drill through the material, which needs to be attached, directly to the wall. Subsequently, you only need a hammer to place the nail. For disassembly you can use a Phillips screwdriver.


  • Wooden lines
  • Plinths
  • Wall and insulation profiles
  • Light frames

Frame anchor

The frame anchor is the big brother of the nail plug. This can also only be used for push-through installation. The spread part of this plug corresponds to the nylon plug. The difference with the nail plug however, is that these plugs can be used for the installation of heavier parts in solid materials. Another difference is that you always must screw this anchor.


  • Window and door frames
  • Square timber
  • Battens

Brass plug

The brass plug can be used for the installation with bolts in solid materials. An advantage is that you can easily disassemble them.


  • TV wall mounts
  • Fences
  • Steel constructions

Alligator plug

This plug can be used for all solid materials and is a troubleshooter for the fixation of dynamic parts, such as described below. This plug has extraordinary pullout values, as it spreads very good. Preferably use screws that are just slightly longer than the plug.


  • Banisters
  • Fans
  • Towel holders

Hollow wall plug

This plug can be used exclusively for hollow walls and is available for different plate thicknesses. The plug should be inserted through the hole in folded condition. The scissors part will fold and the plug will get in place by inserting the supplied pin in the plug. Then you can tighten the screw in the plug and it will clip onto itself

Tip: This plug has a decent pullout. Please keep in mind that this depends on the type of plate material you use.>

Hollow wall anchor

By using this anchor you can fix bolts into hollow walls. Drill a hole with the diameter of a metal plate. Tilt the metal plate in the direction of the plastic strip. Insert the plate through the hole and pull the ring against the plate. Then break off the mounting strips and then tighten a bolt or stud into the anchor.


The resilient metal toggles can be used exclusively in hollow walls. Because of their long threaded rods they are perfect for large wall thicknesses and can be used for fixing lights and rails. You can buy them with nut or screw hook.

Plaster board plug

This is a special plug that is tightened, not behind but in the plasterboard by means of the added fixing accessory. As a result, little space is needed behind the plasterboard.


This metal plug for solid materials is equipped with a conical bolt with the casing of two metal parts. By pulling on the nut, the bolt comes forward and thus pushes the metal parts from one another. This can be used for heavy weight.

Tip: You can remove the rawl plug from the wall by loosening the nut and push the conical